Echo Wealth Management Now Hiring an Associate Wealth Manager
About the Company
Echo Wealth Management is an independent, focused wealth management firm located in Plymouth, Minnesota that takes the complexity out of wealth management. We offer integrated, comprehensive strategies that address every facet of our clients’ financial lives. We do this by building the highest levels of trust, integrity and respect while always collaborating using a team approach. Our clients range from corporate executives planning a secure retirement, to families looking to preserve their assets for future generations, to businesses seeking expert investment advice. Echo Wealth Management was formed in February 2015 as a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) and is looking for an Associate Wealth Manager to join a growing firm and support Echo Huang, CPA, CFP®, CFA, founder of this firm who has over 20 years of experience.
What is an Associate Wealth Manager, you ask? Our Associates are more like apprentices than support staff, and go through a rigorous three-year program where they learn to be a wealth manager, and not just any Wealth Manager... an Echo Wealth Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree (Financial Planning, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field)
- Driven to succeed in a collaborative environment
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Positive attitude and an extraordinary client service orientation
- A genuine interest in serving and caring for other people
- Dependable, ability to multi-task, manage time effectively, and work unsupervised
- Intellectual curiosity, with a high attention to detail
- Strong written, verbal, math, financial analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
How to Succeed
- Join client meetings where you will take notes, draft meeting summaries and make sure all follow-up items are completed on time. Your project management skills are super-duper.
- Deeply learn our financial planning software (eMoney Advisor) as you will create and maintain customized financial plans (Echo Dashboard). You’ll do all the data entry for financial plans for our clients.
- Master Salesforce, our CRM system to manage various tasks assigned to you. You’ll also be very adept at learning new systems quickly.
- Manage a large number of open requests at once and have the flexibility to manage shifting priorities. Seriously, you might have 50 open items on your list and be working on 5 financial plans at once.
- Support Wealth Manager in the planning process and gain trust by being accurate and complete in creating various scenarios for financial planning considerations.
- When sitting in on client meetings, you may need to quickly make changes with new scenarios on the fly.
- Assist on special projects, like creating Excel templates, participate in marketing efforts and research.
Transition to Wealth Manager within three to four years, depending on how quickly you can learn and advance. Obtaining the CFP designation is one of the requirements to become a Wealth Manager in this firm. You will work side by side with Echo, the founder, in client meetings to gain valuable experience in serving affluent clientele including corporate executives (about 53% of total clients). The career path is there and waiting for you. Your success is up to you.
How to Excel
Oh, you want to be the best Associate Wealth Manager we have ever had? Here’s how:
- Intuit the various planning scenarios that your team wants to run for your clients.
- When asked for a status report on open requests, you either can rattle off the current state of each request from memory, or you smile and say, “It’s all finished!” Of course, nobody would ever ask you for a status update because you’ve proactively made sure that, before they had a chance to wonder how things were going, you’ve already updated them using our custom system.
- You’ve redesigned the data gathering process such that clients spend 20% less time and the process is done 30 hours sooner.
- You’ve found new ways to improve our firm’s electronic document management system (Laserfiche) and we can all file and find documents quickly. We rarely print reports in the office.
- You frequently network with others to build a network of trusted professionals such as attorneys, CPAs, insurance agents, mortgage consultants and bankers.
Nice to Haves
If you are a CFP® certificant or at least have passed the exam, you're ahead of the pack. If you haven’t passed the CFP® exam yet, no worries, but you’ll be expected to start the process immediately. Experience with eMoney (or another financial planning software program) would help you hit the ground running. Excellent typing skill and advanced Excel knowledge are also super cool.
The first year compensation for this position is approximately $55,000.
How to Apply