Founder & President
My passion for finance and business arose at a very young age. The first-born child of two high school teachers in a small village in China, I chose the Shenzhen School of Business & Economics instead of high school. By the age of 17, I was living independently, having landed a sought-after job with the Bank of China in Shenzhen, at that time a city rapidly emerging as a metropolitan powerhouse bordering Hong Kong.
I began preparing myself for even better opportunities by taking English classes at night while working as an accountant for the Bank of China. When the opportunity came, I decisively quit my job to study for the TOEFL exam (Test of English as Foreign Language) for three months to obtain a full-time student visa to study Finance in the U. S. At age 20, I left my little corner of the world and flew across the broadest ocean in the world with just $800 in my pocket, a yearning for adventure in my mind, and with excitement and curiosity in my heart for my new life in the land of opportunities.
It has been this same kind of courage and positive attitude that has guided my journey in the business world over the last 20 years. I passed the CPA exam in 1996, working for a large private company briefly before starting a public accounting career with KPMG in Minneapolis. There, as a Senior Tax Specialist, I gained valuable experience in personal financial planning for corporate executives, especially in incorporating stock options strategies and tax planning in individualized financial plans. Realizing that I enjoyed financial planning much more than preparing income tax and gift tax returns, I decided to change my career from a tax CPA to a financial advisor in 2000. I honed my craft by studying and passing the Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) exam in March of 2001. Over the last 15 years, I have started two successful investment advisory practices and helped a selective group of professionals and entrepreneurs create and implement personalized financial plans.
I have realized my American dreams. My passion is to help people utilize their resources to maximize the return in their lives.
Echo Wealth Management, LLC, is a new company that I started in 2015 to serve successful professionals and entrepreneurs by putting insight into action. It embodies my passion for helping people plan for their financial future. I believe that holistic financial planning is the foundation of financial success. Holistic financial planning incorporates cash flow, investment management, retirement, insurance, estate and tax planning together into a comprehensive strategy. Being flexible, and being adaptable to new opportunities, are equally important, as we live in an ever-changing world. My extensive business experience and expertise in accounting, tax and financial services and global perspective will help you think creatively in personal financial planning in order to accomplish your financial goals.
Honors & Recognitions
- “Five Star Wealth Manager Award”, seven-year winner (2012 - 2018)
- Appeared in the 2015 September 30th issue of The Wall Street Journal
- Trusted Financial Advisor by Minnesota Law & Politics Magazine October 2009 Issue
- 2012 Distinguished Young Alumni Award from Winona State University
Education & Certifications
- BS in Accounting from Winona State University, graduated Summa Cum Laude in 1995
- CPA - Certified Public Accountant, 1996
- CFP® - CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Practitioner, 2001
- CFA® - Chartered Financial Analyst®, 2016
Board & Community Involvement
- Serves on the Financial Planning Association-MN Chapter Annual Symposium Committee
- Served on the Board of China AIDS Orphan Fund helping to provide education and job training to many AIDS orphans in China
- Served on the Alumni Board of Winona State University
- Served on the Membership Committee of the Financial Planning Association-MN Chapter
- Served on the 2004 and 2005 planning committee of the MNCPA Estate & Personal Financial Planning Conference
- Competitive ballroom dancing at the International Latin Pro-Am Silver Level